Long Hill Chapel is a Christian & Missionary Alliance church located in Chatham, NJ.
Our mission is to equip Christ followers to experience the love of God and share it with others. We hope that as you join us here, you feel known, loved and needed.
The Biblical Underpinnings of Our Shared Mission
Matthew 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- We are called to make disciples.
- A disciple needs to be taught.
- A disciple is one who is being conformed into the image of Christ and living in the fullness of the life of Christ in us. (Luke 6:40)
- A disciple is one who is reproducing the life of Christ in another.
Matthew 22:36-40: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- We love God by receiving the love and fullness He has given us in Christ.
- We love ourselves by growing in the love and fullness that is ours in Christ.
- We love others by connecting them with the love and fullness God has for them in Christ.
The Movement of Our Shared Mission:
- We move back to Biblical values and priorities that shape us as the Children of God and the Body of Christ.
- We move forward in a life of faith defined by our obedience to the Word of God and the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- We move inward to deepen our understanding and experience with the fullness and power of God that resides in all believers.
- We move together in a warm and restorative community embracing the “one another” commands of Scripture.
- We move outward to serve with the compassion of Christ and share His message of redemption.
- We look upward in joyful celebration of our awesome God.
- We understand that we don’t do great things for God, He does great things for us.
The Vision that Drives Our Shared Mission:
Loving God: Our Corporate Worship Experience
We gather as a large community to celebrate the greatness of our loving and majestic God. It is His redemptive love for us that ignites our sense of wonder and worship and impassions our grateful love for Him expressed is joyful praise and thanksgiving. We long to love as He loves and bring glory to Him through our commitment to Jesus Christ, one another, and the world. Grounded by our Statement of Faith, our church is simply about connecting with the community, prayer, and discipleship through the knowledge of God’s word, family, and worship. Come join us on Sunday mornings to celebrate the joy we have in God.
Loving Others: Our Experience in Smaller Spiritual Communities
We gather in warm, personal and friendly settings to celebrate the nearness of our God. In deepening our understanding of God, we raise our awareness of His presence and activity in our lives. This increased awareness is the foundation of our sense of value and purpose and the trigger that promotes the peace and hope we all desire. Jesus lived in community. He took twelve disciples and entered into a deeper relationship of love and commitment, providing us the model of meeting each other’s needs, teaching, sharing and discipling. The deepest, fastest and most intimate spiritual growth in our life will take place in such a community. We want to encourage you to join one of our Small Groups.
Serving The World: Participating with God in making His glory and love known to others.
We scatter, in ministry teams, to participate with God’s gracious purpose for His world. Can you imagine the joy of partnering with God in serving those in need of hope and restoration? Jesus in human form was the presence of God among us carrying out the work and message of God. When Jesus ascended to heaven He commissioned the church to carry out His work. It is with deep passion that we join God in His work of meeting needs and sharing the transforming message of our Risen Lord. God has created us for something bigger than ourselves and being led by the Holy Spirit we participate with the work of God locally and globally. At Long Hill Chapel we are fully committed to that mission. We provide many opportunities throughout the year that allow us to engage in our community and in our church, to humbly serve as Jesus asks.